Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Quiz points error

Hello,

Have created a graded quiz - yes I checked that box  

and have points of multiple choice and essay questions totaling 60 points.

I have published the quiz. However, the grade book says out of 0 points.

It shows as sixty points in the edit screen, in assignments and in quizzes, but not in the gradebook.

Need help with this.

Thanks!

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

We are also seeing this behavior. In this case there is a couple essay questions which are ungraded. We're testing to see if grading those will make the grade show up correctly.

I submitted a ticket but I don't have an answer yet.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Greetings eobriengrogan@valenciacollege.edu & swilson34@mchenry.edu 

Sorry this questions hasn't gotten a lot of conversation here.  Did you hear back on your ticket - or were you able to resolve this?

Highlighted

I had one reply, they had to do something on their end to refresh the cache. I guess new grades weren't uploading. But whatever they did still didn't work. The same instructor says she entered grades but they still show as 0. I have created another ticket for this as well.

The instructor is experienced in Canvas, so I tend to believe that she did enter those grades.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I have the same issue...created a 5 short answer graded quiz that has to be graded manually.  The "edit quiz" page has it worth 25 points (which is what I want), and on the "Assignment Quizzes" page it's also 25 points.  So that's good.

But in the Gradebook it says "Out of 0", and the quiz scores I entered put the "Total quiz %" column way over 100% for many students, inflating their grade significantly.  

Highlighted
Surveyor

I had the same issue. After playing around, I found that if I check the checkbox "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses (Incorrect Questions Will Be Marked in Student Feedback)" it fixes the problem and it shows the correct number of points. This is clearly a bug and it needs to be fixed.