cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Quiz questions

I have created a multiple fill in the blank table as a quiz. When I am editing the question, the table looks beautiful. When I go in as a student to take the quiz, the quiz window narrows, and the table widens. Students are forced to scroll across to see all the information on one line. This is very awkward.

I would like to be able to either make the quiz window wider, or make the table narrower. Formatting the text in the table seems to make no difference in the size of the table.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Navigator

When I have made tables I have found that I sometimes need to use the html editor to format the width and height of the cells.  Keep in mind, however, that how it looks to students will also depend on the screen they are using. 

In html view the first line about your table should be something like this:

<table style="height: 417px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width: 991px;"><caption><span style="font-size: 14pt;">Required Reading Materials:</span></caption>

You can adjust, or set to auto, all of the measurements listed, but they will also be dependent on the measurements set for the rows and columns. 

The formatting for rows will look like this:

<tr style="height: 57px;">

The formatting for columns will look like this:

<td style="width: 100px; height: 57px;">

I like using "auto" in place of specified measurements because it responds to the size of the content.  Just make sure you consider the range of displays your students might use.  Cell phones, for example, have very narrow screens.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels