Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tori
Community Member

Quiz reattempts

Jump to solution

Hi there,

If anybody could help with this problem we are having that would be great! If a student receives a non-satisfactory grade for a quiz and are allowed to reattempt the quiz, is there a way to make it so they only have to reattempt the questions they had gotten wrong as some of the quizzes we have created are quite large and can be time consuming. (If a student only got one or two questions wrong, they are having to complete the entire quiz again).

Is there a work around option?

Cheers,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

QuizSettings.jpgHi  @tori ​...

I was playing around with Quiz settings in my own sandbox course, and I really couldn't come up with a great option for you where if a quiz is retaken by a student, only those questions the student got wrong were displayed for the next quiz attempt.  In my quiz settings, I chose the options shown in my attached image.  After I took the quiz once as a student, I went back to the same quiz, and the correct and incorrect answers were shown to me PRIOR to beginning the quiz again, but once I started the quiz for the second time, I wasn't able to see the answers I had originally submitted.

I also did some searching of the current Feature Ideas, and I really didn't find anything that people had submitted to vote on, so you might want to consider adding your own Feature Idea by going here: Canvas Feature Ideas.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you, but I *think* this is just how Canvas operates right now.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

QuizSettings.jpgHi  @tori ​...

I was playing around with Quiz settings in my own sandbox course, and I really couldn't come up with a great option for you where if a quiz is retaken by a student, only those questions the student got wrong were displayed for the next quiz attempt.  In my quiz settings, I chose the options shown in my attached image.  After I took the quiz once as a student, I went back to the same quiz, and the correct and incorrect answers were shown to me PRIOR to beginning the quiz again, but once I started the quiz for the second time, I wasn't able to see the answers I had originally submitted.

I also did some searching of the current Feature Ideas, and I really didn't find anything that people had submitted to vote on, so you might want to consider adding your own Feature Idea by going here: Canvas Feature Ideas.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you, but I *think* this is just how Canvas operates right now.

View solution in original post