Quiz ?s attachments, review answers, access, timing

Jump to solution
allison_burdett
Community Novice

How do I upload a document/Attachment into a quiz?

I want students to be able to review their work and change their answers 1x after going through the quiz... what setting is this?

I have students scattered x the world right now...so they need to take exam/quiz at different times.  How should I do this?  Send multiple access codes?

If I have my extended time students take the exam late... can I just copy the quiz into a new quiz so that I can extend the time for taking the quiz?

Thanks

2 Solutions
bbennett2
Community Champion

I'll try to address each item:

Attaching Files

You can upload files for individual questions, but not to the entire quiz, if that makes sense. In the Classic Quizzes question editor, you can click on the Files tab on the top right to add a file to a quiz question.

341426_pastedImage_1.png

There is no way to attach a previously-uploaded file to a New Quiz yet.

Retakes (Classic)

In the Quiz Details, set the number of attempts you want students to have and then make sure to update your Correct Answer settings! I typically show correct responses only after the last attempt. They can see their responses every time. My settings look like this:

341427_pastedImage_2.png

Retakes (New)

In the New Quizzes Settings tab, check "Allow Multiple Attempts" and set your options. If you want to specify result views, check "Restrict student result view." Checking nothing shows zero results (just a thank you message for taking the test). I like to show their responses, as well as what they got wrong, but hide the correct answer.

341428_pastedImage_3.png

Quiz Access

It's difficult to do this with access codes because you can only set one code for the course. You could have students schedule a time and then you use the Assign To section to define when a specific student can take the quiz. Otherwise, you would need to specify times to open the assessment for the course and students pick one to attemp.

Extended Time

New Quizzes allows you to set time restrictions per student (all X minutes for test). The best way to do that in Old Quizzes was to use the Until/From settings. Keep the time limit setting blank (unlimited time) but then set specific close times at the appropriate length for each student.

In new quizzes, you can go to Moderate and then click the pencil icon in a student's row. You have a variety of options, including setting default extended time on assessments:

341429_pastedImage_4.png

View solution in original post

1. I don't know what a classic quiz is?  Can my quiz be a classic quiz?  How can I make my quiz classic?
  2. I don't think that you answered my Multiple Attempts question. 

• I don't want students to get multiple attempts to get an answer correct on an exam!!!  I just want to know if they can REVIEW their answers to the questions.  
  • So I'm taking an exam... question pops up...I answer it...is there any way to review that answer later 1x before complete the exam.  NOT b/c I want to change my answer.  I might want to change the answer, but I might not.  But I (the student taking the exam) want to have one last peek, before I submit the exam.

View solution in original post

0 Likes