cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpedersen
Community Member

Quiz scoring one question at a time

Jump to solution

I tried to use the feature in quiz grading that allows me to grade one question for all students. Not only did it not save any of my comments, it wouldn't update each student's score. When I switched back to the default method, all my scores were gone. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I really like being able to evaluate one question at a time because I feel I grade more consistently. I notice is says beta next to the feature. I would love to see this refined and work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mpedersen  

I use this functionality all the time, and it works great. You just have to remember to save your comments and update the score for each student before moving to the next student on each question item.

Many community members have requested improvements for this feature. I have listed some below. Check them out and support the feature ideas you agree with by voting, and add your own scenarios to the discussions if desired.

I hope this was helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mpedersen  

I use this functionality all the time, and it works great. You just have to remember to save your comments and update the score for each student before moving to the next student on each question item.

Many community members have requested improvements for this feature. I have listed some below. Check them out and support the feature ideas you agree with by voting, and add your own scenarios to the discussions if desired.

I hope this was helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

remerick
Community Member

This feature does not work great. It works rather poorly. Like Marcia, I find that my comments and scores are often forgotten by Canvas once I switch to another student-- and switching takes so much additional time that it actually takes more, not less, time to grade this way. Canvas should allow instructors to grade a quiz question on a single screen. Why not save instructors time and also make grading more fair? 

jcazalas
Surveyor II

It really is an embarrassment that Canvas does not have THIS feature implemented by default. How can you make a LEARNING management system devoid of such obvious and required features.?.