Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ray_kessler
Not applicable

Quiz submission not appearing in grades

Jump to solution

Hello,

None of my students FINAL EXAMs (completed quizzes) are showing up in the Grade-book, but when I use the analytics tab (moderate quiz) it is showing those who have competed and their scores.

Please advise on how to address this issue so that the FINAL EXAM is reflected in the overall class grade.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Ray and welcome to the Canvas Community!

Looking at the settings for the quiz labeled Final Exam in your course, I see that the quiz is currently only assigned to one student.  When I look in the gradebook I see that the column is empty for other students except the one it is assigned to.  That person has a dash listed.  Checking SpeedGrader confirms that the student has yet to submit this quiz.  I believe that if you assign the quiz to the entire course you will see scores evident for other students.  

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Ray and welcome to the Canvas Community!

Looking at the settings for the quiz labeled Final Exam in your course, I see that the quiz is currently only assigned to one student.  When I look in the gradebook I see that the column is empty for other students except the one it is assigned to.  That person has a dash listed.  Checking SpeedGrader confirms that the student has yet to submit this quiz.  I believe that if you assign the quiz to the entire course you will see scores evident for other students.  

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Thanks Scott...that did it!  I allowed a student to take the Final late and assigned him a pass code, I removed the rest of the class from the assignment.

Appreciate your assistance!

Awesome!  Glad to hear it, Ray.

For future reference you might want to check out:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10038-4152101240 

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

@ray_kessler ‌

300021_Screenshot 2018-12-17 15.04.26.png