cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Quizlet?

Jump to solution

I am new to this platform so this is probably not a major issue. What I need is when I link quizlet to set the points value for the particular quizes to allow the guidebook to show the scores. It show 0 after I add a quiz and they take it. Advice needed thanks.

Brad Sprinkle

Madison High, NC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi bsprinkle@madisonk12.net​...

I just added the Quizlet LTI app to our Canvas instance this afternoon.  I actually wasn't aware that this was a possibility?  Have you heard that Quizlet can pass back scores from the app into the Canvas gradebook?  From what I've seen, the content you can insert from the Quizlet LTI is in a public database, and there was no Shared Secret and Consumer Key needed in order to add the LTI app to our Canvas instance.  I could be totally wrong here, but I think if you want data to pass from Quizlet to the gradebook, you'd need a Shared Secret and Consumer Key...which Quizlet doesn't require.

Now, is there a way to get around this?  I'm not sure.  I'm not a programmer.  I will, however, share your question with the Canvas Developers and Canvas Admins groups here in the Canvas Community.  Maybe someone has figured out a way to do this.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi bsprinkle@madisonk12.net​...

I just added the Quizlet LTI app to our Canvas instance this afternoon.  I actually wasn't aware that this was a possibility?  Have you heard that Quizlet can pass back scores from the app into the Canvas gradebook?  From what I've seen, the content you can insert from the Quizlet LTI is in a public database, and there was no Shared Secret and Consumer Key needed in order to add the LTI app to our Canvas instance.  I could be totally wrong here, but I think if you want data to pass from Quizlet to the gradebook, you'd need a Shared Secret and Consumer Key...which Quizlet doesn't require.

Now, is there a way to get around this?  I'm not sure.  I'm not a programmer.  I will, however, share your question with the Canvas Developers and Canvas Admins groups here in the Canvas Community.  Maybe someone has figured out a way to do this.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

A Quizlet LTI that supported the grade book would be pretty snazzy! However, I think Chis is correct:  the current LTI is only for searching and embedding content conveniently in the RTE editor.

One option is to move your content and quizzes to Office Mix​, which is a free PowerPoint addon from Microsoft that will support quizzing and score reporting to the Canvas grade book: Setting up Office Mix with Instructure Canvas . Unfortunately, redeveloping your content is going to take a good bit of work. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Ooh I havent tried office mix yet, next on my list!!  I too have used Quizlet before and haven't seen gradebook reporting as an option but would find it interesting if it did become available. 

- Melanie

Highlighted

Holy Wow Dallas!  I didnt know this was a thing.  This is cool

Highlighted

It is pretty nifty! Mix does not have as developed interactions as some paid options, but it is free for Powerpoint users, which makes it a great option.  Anyway, the simplicity of interaction makes it a nice way to get started for faculty wading into video and interactive lessons for the first time. It is also a nice option for anyone who already has a library of slide content. Smiley Happy

Labels