Quizzes Next Timer Broken

Jump to solution
aryan_ajdari
Community Novice

Some (not all) of my students are reporting that the timer is ending and submitting their attempt within a few minutes of opening a test (the tests should be lasting 40 minutes). What can be done to solve this? 

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @aryan_ajdari .  I haven't heard of an issue like this before.  Do you know if there are any commonalities between those who are having the issue, such as using similar devices or the same browser and are you able to confirm that the quiz is timing out as early as the students indicated?  I would definitely ensure that the students check that their computers and browsers are supported (see What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? and Which browsers does Canvas support?).  If this appears to be the case I would get in touch with Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) as submit a support ticket.  I know that the engineers working on New Quizzes would be very interested in looking into the issue and determining if there is some type of bug that needs to be fixed.

Please let us know if you find out what is happening!

View solution in original post