cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learner II

Quizzes - Updated Comments to Essay questions not appearing after quiz has been submitted.

Hi all,

I had an instructor that made a quiz containing essay questions. She added comments to each question in the General Answer Comments text field. She then published the quiz and students completed it within the given window.

After the window closed and submissions were made, the instructor noticed that the Comments on one of the questions was wrong so she updated the comments:

Quiz commentsQuiz comments

However, when she goes into Speedgrader, she see's the "old" comments and not her updates. Is this a glitch in Canvas? Can you help?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @murphy_1527 ...

Full disclosure...I am a Canvas administrator at our school and do not teach courses.  I have never heard of something like this in Quizzes before.  That does sound pretty strange.  Have you tried reaching out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk to see if they might be able to shed some light on this for you?  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Canvas Community  If you do end up contacting them, it would be interesting to know what their response was.  So, if you could please provide an update to this thread, that would be fantastic.  Thanks!  Be well, and stay safe.

Learner II

Hi @chofer I have not reached out to Canvas Help Desk, although I certainly could. I did reach out to my university help desk and they did not have a conclusive answer. It was a time-sensitive issue so the faculty member and I just figured out a work around. 

If I find out more, I will post it here.