cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Quizzes.next

Jump to solution

Is there any talk about putting in some safeguards to make sure that students are not going to other websites; in other words, the ability to lock down the browser when taking an exam?

19 Replies
Highlighted

I understand the concern.  We are in the same situation.  Regarding the lockdown browser:  Respondus can't finish (or maybe even start) until Quizzes Next is complete.  For Canvas to develop their own take a level and amount of programming that is huge!  If creating a lockdown function happened to be easy, Respondus wouldn't exist or at least would not be so expensive.

Highlighted

Huge or not: if canvas is unable to have lockdown with quizzes.next . . . then why having quizzes.next at all?

Highlighted
Learner II

Hi All,

We're 6 months down the road from Instructurecarn.  Wondering if there is any update to how Quizzes.next will or still will not work with the various Academic Integrity Solutions. 

Sara Udelhofen 

Highlighted

I also have this same question!!!!

Highlighted

I just received the following message from Respondus.  

Respondus and Instructure are working together on the integration between LockDown Browser and Canvas Quizzes.Next. The first stage, which is complete, consisted of the technical design for the foundation of the integration. The second stage entails the actual development of the APIs and integration points by Instructure. The third stage will mostly focus on quality assurance testing by Respondus, the outcome of which may require additional development work by Respondus and/or Instructure. 

We are currently in the second stage of the process, the timeline for which hasn’t been publicly stated. We expect the third stage to go quickly (less than a month), unless unforeseen problems are encountered. 

Highlighted

Thanks for the update hrowsey@fhu.edu  It is interesting to know where this stands.

Highlighted

Thank you for sharing.  I spoke to our rep yesterday and he said the goal was to have it ready before fall semester.  I hope that happens because I would love to enable this for our campus.

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for sharing the updates.  With the fall semester starting soon, will there be a solution for the quizzes.next / lockdown browser issue?

Highlighted

I was wondering the same! At this point, even if it rolled out in the next week, I'm not sure we could get faculty trained in time to implement before the Fall... Best case it is looking like Spring 2020, unfortunately. 

Highlighted

Yes let's get this rolling!!!  We are suggesting staff use the Quizzes.next feature but they won't buy in due to no lock down browser....so much for forward progress!  Let's go Instructure....get this completed please!!

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels