cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

Quizzes that pull questions from Question banks and commons???

Jump to solution

I have several teachers that are creating modules which include quizzes that pull questions from question banks.   These teachers want to share these modules with each other, but whenever they put the module up into commons and then pull it back down the quizzes are missing.  Is the a possible solution to this problem that will help my teachers build and share modules more effectively?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Team
Community Team

jeremy.evans@ucps.k12.nc.us, I'm glad that qstarks@bgcs.k12.in.us has provided you with guidance, inasmuch as it's my understanding that Canvas Modules are effectively content wrappers that act as course organizational tools. If you want to share the content that resides within the modules themselves as well as the module structure, all of the content must also be shared to Commons. That means that your teachers sharing their content need to navigate to the individual quizzes, as well as any other content that resides within the modules, and share that content to Commons as well. General instructions are in this lesson from the Canvas Commons guide: How do I share a resource to Commons?

Also, we haven't heard from you in awhile. Did one or several of the remedies offered above (clong@hbuhsd.edu's suggestion to create a shared course shell, cwendt@plymouth.k12.in.us's suggestion of making sure to export the quizzes separately) solve the problem?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Surveyor

Hi jeremy.evans@ucps.k12.nc.us​,

Are the quizzes showing up in the Quizzes section under the Course Menu after pulling the module down from Commons?

Learner II

Hi Jeremy,

One workaround would be to create a new course shell​ (with the teachers who are collaborating enrolled as TAs or Teachers) in this course. This course can then serve as a space to build and house these quizzes and then they can import the quizzes into any of the courses they teach. We still, prefer to use this for internal sharing over using Commons.

Community Member

We haven't had this happen with modules, but we have with pages—I'm quite sure that they work the same way:

Each quiz that I create is assigned a specific ID (a number). When my colleague copies a page that has links to that my quizzes, all the info on the page transfers over BUT my colleague's students do not have access to the quizzes that are linked in there, so it comes up saying that they are not authorized to view.

Therefore, if we are copying entire pages, afterwards we have to be sure to separately import the quizzes, then link to the new URL on our own new page.

If that doesn't make sense (or work), tag me and I'll try to duplicate it and find a better answer, jeremy.evans@ucps.k12.nc.us​.

Community Team
Community Team

jeremy.evans@ucps.k12.nc.us, I'm glad that qstarks@bgcs.k12.in.us has provided you with guidance, inasmuch as it's my understanding that Canvas Modules are effectively content wrappers that act as course organizational tools. If you want to share the content that resides within the modules themselves as well as the module structure, all of the content must also be shared to Commons. That means that your teachers sharing their content need to navigate to the individual quizzes, as well as any other content that resides within the modules, and share that content to Commons as well. General instructions are in this lesson from the Canvas Commons guide: How do I share a resource to Commons?

Also, we haven't heard from you in awhile. Did one or several of the remedies offered above (clong@hbuhsd.edu's suggestion to create a shared course shell, cwendt@plymouth.k12.in.us's suggestion of making sure to export the quizzes separately) solve the problem?

View solution in original post