cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlynch1
Community Member

Hello,

I am a teacher for CCSD. I and my students are using Canvas Instructure on our iPads.  We've downloaded the app to make things more streamlined.  However I have some students who are able to take my quiz and many other students who have things popping up saying that ccsd instructure is restricted.  How can I fix this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dlynch1 , 

Sorry to hear your students are running into issues. I'm not sure I have enough information just yet to help you out. Can you share a little more about the quiz, most notably. 

• The kind of questions in the quiz? (multiple choice, etc)
  • Is it one question at a time?

If you can screenshot the setting here, that might be helpful as well. 

Also, what is the exact error students are getting? A restricted error is generally an issue on the web as well. You might want to have a student who can't take the quiz on the iPad to try on the web and note any issues. 

Sorry I gave you more questions than answers, but we'll figure this out. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dlynch1 , 

Sorry to hear your students are running into issues. I'm not sure I have enough information just yet to help you out. Can you share a little more about the quiz, most notably. 

• The kind of questions in the quiz? (multiple choice, etc)
  • Is it one question at a time?

If you can screenshot the setting here, that might be helpful as well. 

Also, what is the exact error students are getting? A restricted error is generally an issue on the web as well. You might want to have a student who can't take the quiz on the iPad to try on the web and note any issues. 

Sorry I gave you more questions than answers, but we'll figure this out. 

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dlynch1 ...

As I was reviewing older discussion questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across yours.  I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question to the Community on October 5, 2017 and then received a reply from  @rseilham  later that day.  It looks like Ryan has several questions for you in order for him to better assist you.  Have you had an opportunity to review those questions?  Also, is this still an on-going issue for you at your school, or have things panned out since you first posted this question?  If you could please come back to this topic to post an update below, that would be helpful.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Dennis.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

dlynch1
Community Member

I stopped using canvas because the students cannot use it on their ipads.  I just convert the work to docs and use the materials instead of the app because they're not iPad compatible.