REMOVING OBSERVER FROM MY ACCOUNT

Jump to solution
arman
Community Member

IVE TRIED TO REMOVE AN ACCIDENTAL OBSERVER FROM MY ACCOUNT FOREVER NOW AND I STILL CANT FIGURE IT OUT. I HAVE CONTACTED SUPPORT THROUGH CANVAS AND THEY TELL ME TO DO API CALLS AND STUFF LIKE THAT BUT I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE TO TYPE THESE API COMMANDS OR WHATEVER THEY ARE OR WHAT FORMAT I TYPE THEM IN. PLEASE HELP EXPLAIN THIS MORE SIMPLY FOR ME OR TELL ME IF THERE IS AN EASIER WAY TO DO THIS. THANKS.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @arman 

You have asked your question in a global community of Canvas users much like yourself. We only have access to our own courses and accounts.

Observers aren't associated with an account; but rather, are associated with a course. Either your teacher of your Canvas Admin can remove that observer if it is appropriate to do so.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @arman  -- As an admin, yes, the way to "unpair" an observer from a student is with an API call. To be honest, I have never felt comfortable doing so. However, I have had success contacting Canvas Support with my own ticket, and after a few days, the nice people there are able to do it for me. I hope this works for you too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes