Random questions from question set changed in quiz for student attempt

sharon_kitching
Community Contributor

Has anyone had any reports of students being allocated random quiz questions from Question banks, and reporting that one of their questions (which was a text-only question (spacer) drawn from a bank) changed?

Student wrote = I attempted question H first as it was the easiest for me. Around 15 minutes into exam my internet dropped out. Somehow the H question switched between H1 and H2. I do not recall the order that it occurred. I tried refreshing several times to get back to the same question but it didn't happen.

So the question appears as a 'spacer' in the quiz, which means that it doesn't show as a 'question' in the logs as such. It did appear as a question#, but further down in the logs, when the student revisted the same question again - it didn't appear. As a 'spacer', it doesn't have it's own # that I could find. The first spacer was called #0. 

In the logs, only the H2 question appeared (whereas the student says they viewed both H1, and H2)

I've been assuming that when a classic quiz is set up with randomly assigned question banks, questions allocated will stay the same until the quiz is submitted, regardless of if the student logs in/out of the quiz. Am wondering if this is a bug with spacers, or if there is a way to see what spacers are shown in the quiz log. 

question bank selection‌

questionbank‌ quiz problems marked quiz