Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curtain
Learner II

Randomizing Questions Across Multiple Quiz Banks

Jump to solution

Updated

Original Subject Line: Can I randomize questions across multiple banks but still have the questions be fully scrambled as opposed to grouped?

I cannot figure out how to do this.

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@curtain ​, in general yes this is possible, but whether it will work for you depends on exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

You can't LINK multiple question banks to a question group, but you can ADD questions from multiple question banks to a question group. We do this all the time and the only negative is that you can't specify the number of questions students get from each question bank because they're now all combined in the same group.

Does this help? If not, could you explain what you're trying to do so we can better assist you?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @curtain ​...

I'm not too sure of the answer to this question, but I wanted to let you know that I'm going to move the majority of your subject line to the body of this message and also tag your question with keywords.  I'll give the subject line a new title.  Doing this things will make it easier for people to search for your topic should they have similar questions here in the Canvas Community.  If the revised subject line doesn't quite reflect what you are asking in the body of your message, please let me know, and we can work to make any corrections.  I hope this is okay with you.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@curtain ​, in general yes this is possible, but whether it will work for you depends on exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

You can't LINK multiple question banks to a question group, but you can ADD questions from multiple question banks to a question group. We do this all the time and the only negative is that you can't specify the number of questions students get from each question bank because they're now all combined in the same group.

Does this help? If not, could you explain what you're trying to do so we can better assist you?

View solution in original post