cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

Re-order Rubric

Jump to solution

When an instructor adds a new item to a rubric, we cannot place it in the correct order. A google search found us this:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructional-Designer/How-to-Reorder-Rubric-Criteria/bc-p/268429

which seems ridiculously complicated for a simple change that Canvas could make. We can drag and drop assignments, and module contents, can you also please add drag and drop capability for Rubrics? Apparently the code is simple enough (see link above)

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Navigator

Hi Briddell. 

That would be a great feature and one I would use.   Until Instructure adds that feature, what I have done is use the duplicate criterion to make copies of the rows in the order I need them.  Copies are added to the bottom, so you just need to copy them in the order you want, then delete the criterions that are out of order or duplicates. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Navigator

Hi Briddell. 

That would be a great feature and one I would use.   Until Instructure adds that feature, what I have done is use the duplicate criterion to make copies of the rows in the order I need them.  Copies are added to the bottom, so you just need to copy them in the order you want, then delete the criterions that are out of order or duplicates. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @briddell ...

The link you provided is a bit older than the update that @James provides here: Sorting Rubrics Made Easy - Canvas Community ... which you may be interested in looking over.  Hopefully the process will be a bit easier for you.