cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Reading files in modules in Canvas instead of downloading them

Jump to solution

My courses were downloaded from Blackboard to Canvas.

The headings in each module had attached files

I could not just read the files but they were downloaded automatically and I do not want that to happen for my students.

Now if I added a file from the file list in Canvas into the same module, there is a little icon by the file. If I click on the icon I can just read it without downloading, but no such icon appears for Blackboard imported files

So I have to now re-enter every file in Canvas in each module

Any shortcuts? Please reply to my email address if possible as I am very new to Canvas

Thanks

Andre ( Wayne State University)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, ad6182@wayne.edu and Welcome to the Canvas Community! You've found a great resource as you begin to navigate your journey through Canvas!

I'm not familiar with this issue, so I am going to share this with to different groups for you - LMS Migration Strategies‌ and Canvas Admins‌. The conversation will still happen in this space, and you will not have to be a member of either group to follow the additional dialogue.

Let us know if you have any additional questions and welcome to Canvas!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, ad6182@wayne.edu and Welcome to the Canvas Community! You've found a great resource as you begin to navigate your journey through Canvas!

I'm not familiar with this issue, so I am going to share this with to different groups for you - LMS Migration Strategies‌ and Canvas Admins‌. The conversation will still happen in this space, and you will not have to be a member of either group to follow the additional dialogue.

Let us know if you have any additional questions and welcome to Canvas!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Labels