cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dshipley
Community Member

Reassign the same assignment

How can I reassign an assignment in a new grading term from the previous term?  I want students to repeat the assignment. 

6 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dshipley ‌ - As long as the assignment is in the same course, you can duplicate an assignment. After you make the copy, you can make small changes, if you feel fit. Otherwise, to the students, it will appear identical to their first assignment, with only different deadlines.

dshipley
Community Member

That is helpful if I want to reassign it to the entire course, but I'm unable to assign it to a specific student.  Suggestions?

In the assignment details, near the bottom, you can remove "everyone" and differentiate to particular students! (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9973-4152101242?sr=search&searchId=3733e0a4-4668-4181-b4c2-...‌) I do this frequently, and it's a great option to have available when providing review or remedial work for specific students.

The copy is not allowing me to do anything with the previous information.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 10:49 AM, kristin.lundstrum@delasalle.com <

Once the grading period date was reset, it was easy to assign to an

individual student for the new grading period.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Dina Shipley <dshipley@ngsc.k12.in.us>

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @dshipley ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for more than three months.  I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any additional questions about your original inquiry.  In reading through this thread, I *think* you may have found a solution, but I'm not 100% sure.  Do you feel that one of the above replies (including your own) could be marked as "Correct"?  Or, do you have any additional questions yet as it relates to your original question?  If so, please feel free to post below so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been much new activity in this topic since March 16, 2018.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Dina.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.