Receiving Canvas notifications at an email address that is not listed in the Account Settings.

Jump to solution
Parent1234
Community Member

I have a Parent Canvas account in order to monitor my child's progress.  I am receiving the Notifications as expected and the email address I used to register is also listed as the only and the default notification email.  For some reason my wife is also receiving the same Notifications at her email address (even though her email address is not listed in the Canvas account).  I also checked my child's Canvas account settings and confirmed my wife's email address is also not listed there.  How is my wifes email address tied to these notifications and where can I go to get it removed so that she is no longer receiving these Notifications?

Thanks,

Parent1234

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi Parent1234

A Canvas account is specific to the user, as are the listed email addresses and the notification settings. So when you check your account, you only see your email address and your notification settings.

When something happens in a Canvas Course that requires a notification, that notification goes out to everyone with an account associated with the course. In the case of observers/parents, if both parents have an observer account, then the notices will go to both parents.

Your wife must also have an account and her own notification settings to her own email address. She will need to log into her account, to change her notification settings.

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an observer?

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes