cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Recording and announcement

Jump to solution

I've tried three times to record a video for an announcement. It records fine but then I click save and nothing happens. I'm using Chrome. The recording system looks new. I've done it many times with the old format but it won't save with this new format.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer III

Hi Michelle-

Canvas released an update over the weekend that changes the media recorder from Flash technology to HTML5 in Firefox and Chrome. If your institution subscribes to Canvas Support, you can use the Help icon on your Canvas dashboard to report this. As good measure, I'd also recommend checking that your browsers are up to date (see: Supported Web Browsers).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Adventurer III

Hi Michelle-

Canvas released an update over the weekend that changes the media recorder from Flash technology to HTML5 in Firefox and Chrome. If your institution subscribes to Canvas Support, you can use the Help icon on your Canvas dashboard to report this. As good measure, I'd also recommend checking that your browsers are up to date (see: Supported Web Browsers).

View solution in original post

Community Member

I found the solution. You just have to wait much longer once you hit save. It seems like nothing is happening but at least 1 to 2 minutes later it will close out the record screen and the recording will be in the announcement then you can save the announcement. Really long lag time though.

Hello all,

Yes, it for some reason takes a long time...mine is more than 2 minutes, sometime five. In Chrome and after I hit save.  I've actually started recording again, and then it kicks me out and all of sudden my original recording is there.

Big bug?

Susan Reno

Community Member

Yes it's taking much longer now than when I posted this originally. Sometimes upwards of 10 minutes. This is a really bad flaw. They should at least have a note or something popup saying it is processing.