Recording and attaching a video in canvas

Jump to solution
lkolarik
Community Novice

I used the video recorder as an attachment for a project for a class and I also followed the instructions posted on this site. When I hit save, it made no indication that it was saving and although the instructions said it could take a while for longer videos, it did not seem to load at all. I waited about ten minutes. I have had troubles and have been using chrome as my browser. Is there a better way that would be more compatible? I recorded on my computer and it was not loading and I tried to attach a mp4 file and it was not looking like it was working. I need help with these larger files, as the one I recorded was 14 minutes. I do not want to record for that long then have to redo it. Help!##

1 Solution
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi  @lkolarik ,

Two things come to mind.  One is do you have enough space available in your course?  You can check that by selecting "Files" and there you can see how much space you have available. 

If you have enough space then maybe the video file is too big?  There is a lot of information you can find in the document What types of media files can I upload in Canvas as an instructor?‌  Within the document there is a pdf on Canvas Media Comparison PDF‌ that has information that might help.

Lastly if none of the above helps you can always contact your institutions Tech department or click on Help then Report a problem.

Have a great day.

View solution in original post