Recording from a video on the web during a narrated lecture

Jump to solution
alison_harmer
Community Novice

Hi, I need to be able to both narrate  a lecture and have screen capture record a youtube video during my lecture which I'm recording using Canvas Studio. At present it is not possible to both narrate  a lecture and then go to a link and play a video from the web. I tried this with narration and computer sounds turned on, but the video sound doesn't work properly. The youtube video sound works if I only select computer sounds and turn off narration and my headphones, but that obviously isn't useful. I can't change settings during the lecture either. The online chat person I communicated with suggested I submit it as an idea. I can't find where to submit the idea so am putting here in questions. This will be a very useful fix if you can enable it. Thank you. Alison

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @alison_harmer ‌, we’re happy to see that you’re interested in the feature idea process. These documents will explain how the process works, and the last of the three explains how to write a feature idea:

What is the feature development process for Canvas?

How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?

I searched through the Ideas‌ forum and found an existing idea that you can support: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11864-adding-screen-capture-to-video-recording-for-presentatio...  If that idea doesn’t capture what you’re hoping to see implemented in Studio, please write a new one.

Thanks, Alison. Stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes