cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patricia_wickma
Community Member

Recover Student Information

Jump to solution

How do I recover student information once I have removed her from the course? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Surveyor

If you mean grades and submissions - you'll need to readd the student.  if you just need the student's email or such, contact your school's admin who can retrieve it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abunag
Surveyor

If you mean grades and submissions - you'll need to readd the student.  if you just need the student's email or such, contact your school's admin who can retrieve it.

View solution in original post

kblack
Community Member

I cannot find the documentation page to verify this offhand, but I can tell you from personal experience that if you add the student again to the course in question, the student's work will appear back in the course.  Though I can't find the documentation page, this has been brought up in this Community before, including  here:  If a student is dropped from a course and re-added later, do their grades need to be re-added?   I think you have to add the student by the same method (whether file import or invitation) as she was originally added, though I may be wrong on that part. 

You may want to try this out first on your Test installation to make absolutely certain.  (See How do I access the Canvas test environment? )

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @patricia_wickma ​...

Another option to look at would be to deactivate the student from the course.  Once the student is enrolled, you would then set the student's status as "inactive"...not allowing the student to access the course, yet you could see their information.  Here's a Guide I found for you: How do I deactivate an enrollment in a course?

Hope this helps!