Recovering lost data from students who are transferred out

Jump to solution
jblamber
Community Member

Hi Everyone, 

I teach 7th & 8th grade Jr. High Social Studies. We just came back to modified in-school learning. I am continuing to teach remotely from campus. The problem is I have several students who had schedules changed and I unfortunately did not transfer all of their scores to our grade book from Canvas before their schedules changed. They are no longer showing up in my Canvas. I realize this may be a long shot but is there anyway for me to recover this lost data in Canvas?  To find these students who were in my class but are not anymore and get these scores to their new teachers? 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @jblamber 

Several actually..............

• You can try displaying the scores of Concluded students in your gradebook. How do I view grades for inactive or concluded student enrollments in the Gradebook? 
  • You can go to your school's Test instance of Canvas where content is cached for two weeks and check to see if they are still there. Go to your browser's address bar and type in https://[your school].test.instructure.com You simply add "test." after your school's name.
  • You ask your school's Canvas Admin to add the students back in long enough for you to print out their grade reports.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post