cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hera
Community Member

Reduced Time for a Moderated Quiz

Jump to solution

The moderating a quiz feature lets you add extra time to a quiz attempt, but is there any way to REDUCE the amount of time when unlocking a quiz? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kedgecomb
Community Member

Hi Julie,

You are correct in that there is not a reduction of time under the Moderate this Quiz function.  I would suggest using the Differentiated Assignments feature.  You could only make the quiz available to a student or group of students for a reduced amount of time before the Quiz automatically submits.  I have included a helpful Canvas guide below to explain Differentiated Assignments even more.

What do Differentiated Assignments look like in Canvas?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kedgecomb
Community Member

Hi Julie,

You are correct in that there is not a reduction of time under the Moderate this Quiz function.  I would suggest using the Differentiated Assignments feature.  You could only make the quiz available to a student or group of students for a reduced amount of time before the Quiz automatically submits.  I have included a helpful Canvas guide below to explain Differentiated Assignments even more.

What do Differentiated Assignments look like in Canvas?

View solution in original post

hera
Community Member

Thank you very much for your help!  I have used differentiated assignments before in such cases but had an issue where the student had run out of time while taking the quiz.  The instructor wanted to let the student finish but not have the full time again.  I knew this was possible with another LMS I'd used before and wasn't sure if I was just missing something with Canvas.  Thank you again!