cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfox
Community Member

Regarding Outcomes, how exactly are "new outcomes" related to "new groups?"

Jump to solution

I am not able to intuitively understand how to set up outcomes.  How exactly are "new outcomes" related to "new groups?"  I am developing a course.  I have four general learning outcomes for the course.  Each of these four general learning outcomes encompasses several specific outcomes.  Would it make sense for me to group specific outcomes together?  For example, if I have five specific learning outcomes that all relate to one general outcome, would it make sense for me to set up the five specific learning outcomes as "new outcomes" and then to group them together as a "new group," which I would name after the general outcome to which the five specific outcomes all relate?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jlafrance
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @kfox ​,

You're exactly right. You can use outcome groups to group related learning outcomes for easy organization and management. In your example, you can either create the individual outcomes first then move them into the outcome group or create the outcome group first then add/move the individual outcomes to the outcome group. Here are a few Canvas Guides that show you how to create outcome groups and outcomes in your course:

How do I create Outcome groups for my course?

How do I create an Outcome for my course?

How do I move Outcomes and Outcome groups in my course?

Outcomes video for instructors:

For more on outcomes at the account level: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4141#jive_content_id_Outcomes

Hope this helps!

Jenn

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jlafrance
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @kfox ​,

You're exactly right. You can use outcome groups to group related learning outcomes for easy organization and management. In your example, you can either create the individual outcomes first then move them into the outcome group or create the outcome group first then add/move the individual outcomes to the outcome group. Here are a few Canvas Guides that show you how to create outcome groups and outcomes in your course:

How do I create Outcome groups for my course?

How do I create an Outcome for my course?

How do I move Outcomes and Outcome groups in my course?

Outcomes video for instructors:

For more on outcomes at the account level: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4141#jive_content_id_Outcomes

Hope this helps!

Jenn

View solution in original post

kfox
Community Member

Hi, Jenn.

I cannot thank you enough!  Because of your thorough answer to my question, I was able to set up the outcomes for my course.

Best,

Keith