cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Remove old courses from My Grades on Dashboard?

Jump to solution

On the Dashboard, where activities are shown by day, there's an icon in the right upper corner to check current grades. I like this feature. Is there a way to get older courses off of My Grades? I've gone into All Courses and unstarred the ones I don't want to see, but they are still published. I only have one course listed in the Past Enrollments, when there should be 5 listed. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

I'm guessing this is related to how your institution handles course end dates or course conclusions. There are quite a few ways that different institutions handle these things; it could be that course end dates aren't automatically populated and thus they must be entered by the instructors, or perhaps the term dates are set farther out into the future than is ideal. I just did some testing to confirm and once a course's end date elapses, it will be removed from your 'My Grades' area if everything is configured correctly in the back-end.

I think the best option would probably be to contact your institution's technology support personnel to let them know what you're seeing. They might know why you're seeing this based on an institutional policy, or at least they might be able to pass on what you're seeing to the Canvas admin for consideration.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Surveyor

I'm guessing this is related to how your institution handles course end dates or course conclusions. There are quite a few ways that different institutions handle these things; it could be that course end dates aren't automatically populated and thus they must be entered by the instructors, or perhaps the term dates are set farther out into the future than is ideal. I just did some testing to confirm and once a course's end date elapses, it will be removed from your 'My Grades' area if everything is configured correctly in the back-end.

I think the best option would probably be to contact your institution's technology support personnel to let them know what you're seeing. They might know why you're seeing this based on an institutional policy, or at least they might be able to pass on what you're seeing to the Canvas admin for consideration.

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels