Remove old rubrics from old courses

Jump to solution
jacqualine_chan
Community Novice

I have been teaching for 5 years, and have had about 2 - 3 courses per semester, per year that I've taught. Currently, I have about 20 courses that I am an instructor in. As a result, when I try to search for rubrics (i reuse the same one for when I grade assignments), I have to scroll through numerous courses until I find one that looks right, but it's not because it's from a different school year.

Is there a way that I can hide the old courses when I'm searching for rubrics? 

I've included a video of the courses that I have to scroll through in order to find my rubric. 

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@jacqualine_chan  

You might check out Sorting the Find a Rubric dialog

It's a user script that runs in your browser that sorts the list of rubrics so that the current course is at the top. It also adds the term names when possible, so you can tell exactly which course the rubrics are coming from. It doesn't remove them, but the script could be modified to do that with a little tweaking to the code.

To actually remove those rubrics, I think you would have to remove your teacher enrollment from the other courses. I have not verified that this will work; I use the find rubric sorter script I wrote and it's not a problem for me anymore.

View solution in original post