Remove student from quiz assignment

Jump to solution
sandra_tran
Community Member

I assigned a quiz to Everyone this morning.  When the students arrived, they immediately began quiz.  As I took attendance, one student was absent.  How do I remove him?  I did not want him sitting at home looking at the quiz.  Or does it not matter because once he opens the quiz, it will count as one attempt?  I do not want him to see the quiz; I do not want to make another form!!  I know how to assign individual students to quizzes but what if I choose everyone and then realize I do not want one of those students in there.  What do I do?  Can't wait for your responses!

0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @sandra_tran 

I would set a access code for the quiz, but you can also set availability dates.  With the access code, you can give him the code to complete the quiz when he returns. 

I do this for all of my in-person quizzes.  You can also then set an availability date to end when the class ends, so that even if another student shares the access code, absent students won't be able to use it until you change the dates. 

You can learn to do both on this guide. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/What-options-can-I-set-in-a-quiz/ta-p/683

View solution in original post