cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Removing a Course from Dashboard

How do I remove a course I'm no longer enrolled in from Quercus so that it no longer appears on my dashboard?

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello kriziatatangelo@gmail.com Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm pretty sure that your school has re-branded the Canvas name to "Quercus" at your school (I saw someone recently mention "Quercus" here in the Community from the University of Toronto, so I'm assuming that is where you are writing from, too.)  I'll be referring to Canvas in my reply because that's what most people are used to here in the Community.  To answer your question, removing you from courses in Canvas will depend upon the rules and policies that local Canvas administrators at your school have established.  Some schools may allow you to not access your courses after you are finished with them.  However, other schools keep students enrolled even after the course has ended...but also set the course as "Concluded".  I was searching around the University of Toronto's website to try and find a help page for you, but I was really only able to find one for instructors that has lots of Frequently Asked Questions.  I'm not sure if you'll be able to find any contact information on this site for your needs, but it may be of help: Frequently Asked Questions - Academic Toolbox RenewalAcademic Toolbox Renewal.  There is also this page that I found, but it doesn't offer a lot of help about Canvas (that I can find, anyway): weblogin idpz | University of Toronto.  I'm sorry that I don't have any other leads for you at this time.  It would probably be best to contact someone at your school who is a local Canvas administrator to see if your past courses can be removed.  Thanks Krizia.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi kriziatatangelo@gmail.com,

Same thoughts as Chris Hofer mentioned but you could just "hide" the course by customizing your dashboard:  How do I customize my Courses list as a student? but you will remain enrolled in he course you just wont see it on your dashboard.

Hope this helps.  

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, kriziatatangelo@gmail.com...

Checking in with you again because we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on October 17, 2018.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that I provided to you later that evening and also the feedback that ysmalls left you on the following day?  If so, did either of our responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your original question?  Please come back to this thread to provide an update for us.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any activity in this topic since mid-October.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Labels