Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Removing a Share from an ePortfolio

Jump to solution

So ePortfolios are private and according to Canvas.....

280492_snip.PNG

My question is, can I rescind/take back/stop this sharing once I share the link!

Surely it must be possible, in fact surely you MUST have this option? I cannot find an answer to this in the guides and I am looking for an answer from someone with experience of using ePortfolios.

This is kind of important to us as we move on with ePortfolios, particularly if we wish to encourage any form of peer review as we are a K12 organisation in the EU. I am particularly mindful of aspects like GDPR.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Gideon.Williams@britishschool.nl

As far as I know, you cannot rescind this link This link gives the user access to a specific location in Canvas - your portfolio. The location isn't changed to accommodate the link, and that location is specific to the relational database that is your Canvas instance. There is not a user-specific link, simply the same link that can be shared with anybody. The only way to make that link unuseable, would be to re-locate your ePortfolio within the database, and that's just not possible.

I think I would seek another form of peer review, to better protect access.

Kelley

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Gideon.Williams@britishschool.nl

As far as I know, you cannot rescind this link This link gives the user access to a specific location in Canvas - your portfolio. The location isn't changed to accommodate the link, and that location is specific to the relational database that is your Canvas instance. There is not a user-specific link, simply the same link that can be shared with anybody. The only way to make that link unuseable, would be to re-locate your ePortfolio within the database, and that's just not possible.

I think I would seek another form of peer review, to better protect access.

Kelley

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Seriously! That is not very impressive at all. This feature is available on all other eportfolio platforms. I am rather disappointed. Whilst it is a long shot, what if that link becomes accessible to others that the user has not requested access to?

Thanks for your help Kelley.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Gideon.Williams@britishschool.nl,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Highlighted

I did from Kelley, thanks.