Removing multiple usernames for the same person

Jump to solution
basso_t
Community Novice

I have several students with multiple user names. Most have one that is used all the time and the others have no activity. If I delete the non-activity ones, will it disable the one they are using to submit assignments? Also, some students submit work, then couldn't sign in, so the created another another and began using it. May I delete the older unused one, of will it disable the newer since both have submissions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @basso_t ,

I apologize for the delay in responding.  It looks like you are utilizing Canvas, Free for Teachers, which allows students to sign up for your open enrollment course, probably utilizing the self enrollment link that I am assuming you have distributed to them. I also see that some students have apparently created multiple logins using their same given names but with different logins.  If a given student creates more than one login, you removing one or more logins from your roster should not affect the other logins the students may have created.  Please note that you are removing the logins from your roster but not deleting the student's user account.  If they log into FFT using that deleted login, they will simply see an empty dashboard so you'll need to ensure they log into Canvas using the correct credentials. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes