cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Reopen and Continue

Jump to solution

A student started a quiz and 13 minutes into it her internet failed and she ran out of time, the quiz closed. She answered some of the questions so I would like to reopen the quiz for her so she can continue without erasing what she has answered with a deduction of 13 minutes. Help would be appreciated!   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

grocha@richland.edu,

kona@richland.edu responded at 1:35 to the email you sent her a little after 1 pm this afternoon. If you haven't already checked your Richland email, please do. I do not know what she wrote (she held her phone up to me but the print it is too small for me to read), but it looked lengthy.

The short version is that you cannot reopen the quiz and have the student pick up where they left off with Classic Quizzes. You can do that with New Quizzes, but Richland hasn't enabled New Quizzes yet. Anything solution given here would probably be a duplication of what Kona wrote you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

grocha@richland.edu,

kona@richland.edu responded at 1:35 to the email you sent her a little after 1 pm this afternoon. If you haven't already checked your Richland email, please do. I do not know what she wrote (she held her phone up to me but the print it is too small for me to read), but it looked lengthy.

The short version is that you cannot reopen the quiz and have the student pick up where they left off with Classic Quizzes. You can do that with New Quizzes, but Richland hasn't enabled New Quizzes yet. Anything solution given here would probably be a duplication of what Kona wrote you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

When I fully read the question in the community, I realized it was a follow-up to my email. James is correct that this functionality isn’t currently available in the version of quizzes we are using at Richland. I responded with some options and information for this new question. 

Kona

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi grocha@richland.edu! You emailed me with a similar question early this afternoon, but I didn’t hear back from you with this follow-up question. 

We could copy the quiz and then remove the questions the student already answered. We’d then need to create a new assignment for just this student worth the total number of points possible for the exam. You would then combine the grades from the two quizzes for the new total grade for this assignment (you’d enter EX as the grade for the two quizzes).  

Yet, similar to what I included in my email, given your quiz settings, the student has had access to the questions and all the answers so I’m not sure how well this will actually test her knowledge of the content at this point. 

Something else you could do is (1) give the student a different exam you come up with or (2) find the percent the student got correct out of the questions she did answer and create a new assignment worth the total number of points possible on the quiz. Then for her grade on this new assignment, give her the percent she got correct. Ex: if she got 30/40 questions correct on the original quiz (75%) and if the original quiz was worth 100 points, then on the new assignment you’d make it out of 100 points and give the student 75 points on it (to keep it at 75%). 

Regardless of what you’d like to do, just let me know (via my Richland email) and I’ll be happy to help - even over the weekend! 🙂

Kona

Labels