Reproducing pages in modules

Jump to solution
sarah62
Community Novice

I'm creating my first Canvas course, and am trying to set up individual modules for each week. Each will contain the same sub-headings as the template (Weekly overview, To-Do List, etc). But I'm finding that editing in one module will change the text on that page in all the others. How do I stop this happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Good morning:

The deal is that pages do not live in Modules (most content doesn't), it is just displayed there as an organization tool. So when you load the same page repeatedly into other modules, you are not copying them, you are simply displaying the same page in multiple places.

You need to actually make a copy of your page, then load the copy into it's module, then rinse and repeat for every module you wish to place your template. Canvas will append "copy 1", "copy 2" etc. to the title of each copy, and then you can simply edit the title. I do a similar thing in my courses with a module introduction page, so I name them something like "Module One Intro", "Module 2 Intro", etc.

This guide will show you haw to copy a Canvas page How do I duplicate a page in a course?

I hope this is helpful, and if you need anything else, just holler!

Kelley

View solution in original post