Reset password, but no email has arrived

Jump to solution
jennifer_raffer
Community Novice

HI,

I reset my password and I have not received a link to update it.  I checked the spam box, but I don't have anything.  Around how long does it take for a reset password email to arrive to my mailbox?

Thanks,

Jennifer

5 Solutions
kona
Community Champion

@jennifer_raffer ​, are you using Canvas as part of an Institution or independently through a free for teachers (FFT) account?

View solution in original post

Good Question, Kona.  My sales contact set me up with an account, I didn't set up the account.   Does that help?

Jennifer

@jennifer_raffer ​, does the beginning of the URL for your account look like this - https://canvas.instructure.com/ - if so, then it's a free for teachers account. If so, then there should have been a "Help" link under the "Forgot Password" link. If you click on the Help link you can click on the "Report a Problem" and explain what's going on. This goes to Canvas Support and they should be able to help get your password reset for you!

Hope this helps!

wilma_chapman
Community Novice

Hi

Our organisation is also having this same issue. I tested this and the whitelisting was applied to our server however students and colleagues alike appear still not to be able to recover or receive the email or notification (if they have multiple links such as app, SMS etc). It's becoming a real frustration especially as the amount of students and colleagues using are increasing.

Wilms

0 Likes

@wilma_chapman , have you tried contacting Canvas Support to see if they know why this is happening or have suggestions for how to fix this?

0 Likes