cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Respondus Lockdown and Quiz logs

Jump to solution

I have quizzes on Canvas and am using Respondus Lockdown.  I just noticed on one of my student's logs that she "Stopped viewing the Canvas quiz -taking page."  I was under the impression that this message means that she moved to a different screen on her computer - but this is impossible under Lockdown, right?  So why do I see the message on a Lockdown quiz?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi alaurentsimpson@smu.edu
My experience of the quiz log suggests that when it says the student stopped viewing the quiz page it doesn't necessarily mean they navigated to another page, just that they were inactive (they didn't click or type anywhere on the quiz page) for a certain amount of time. I think the time limit might be 30 seconds or more of inactivity. This could happen if the student is simply taking a long time to read the question. When they finally click or type on the quiz screen again, the log will show that they resumed taking the quiz.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi alaurentsimpson@smu.edu
My experience of the quiz log suggests that when it says the student stopped viewing the quiz page it doesn't necessarily mean they navigated to another page, just that they were inactive (they didn't click or type anywhere on the quiz page) for a certain amount of time. I think the time limit might be 30 seconds or more of inactivity. This could happen if the student is simply taking a long time to read the question. When they finally click or type on the quiz screen again, the log will show that they resumed taking the quiz.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer II

Hialaurentsimpson@smu.edu‌, as a side note, regarding the "impossible", I have seen information online about ways students can get around the intent of the lockdown feature even when a webcam is used. 

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels