Restoring a deleted rubric

Jump to solution
Sols
Community Member

I mistakenly deleted a rubric in my blueprint course. I tried restoring it but I couldn't find where it was restored. Any ideas on how to restore this rubric?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @Sols 

If you just unattached the rubric from an assignment, you can still find it in your rubrics by course. How do I manage Rubrics in a course?

However, if you really did delete it, the undelete function should help; although, I have never tried it with Rubrics.

While many are unaware of this unsupported bit of technical wizardry , it might serve you well.

Checked with the Instructure folks, and they said Undelete has been around since Canvas first started, though it is not officially supported. But... it's just SO potentially useful!

Zero technical skills required. (Well, you have to be able to type "/undelete" in the browser address bar.)

Thank you to @dgray for posting this earlier.

Kelley

View solution in original post

Good morning, @Sols ...

Happy New Year!  Sorry to read that you still were not able to find your rubric after trying the suggestions from @kmeeusen.  I know this wouldn't be ideal, but you might try logging in to your school's "beta" or "test" environment to see if the rubric still exists there.

Then, you can use @James' "Canvancement" (Canvas Enhancement) to re-create the rubric using an Excel spreadsheet.  This would be especially useful if you had a lot of rows in your rubric.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post