cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Retaking incorrect quiz answers only

Jump to solution

Hi there, hope someone can help- is there a way of setting a quiz so that if a learner gets, for example, 4 questions wrong in a quiz with 10 questions, they can retake just these 4 questions, and not have to re-do the 6 they get right? Many thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer III

Hi Alice,

No, I'm afraid there's not a way to require students to only re-answer questions they got wrong.  Each quiz attempt is independent.  You can allow them to see the results of the previous attempt so that they know which questions they got right and which they got wrong, but they will still have to answer all the questions in the next attempt.

Mike

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Adventurer III

Hi Alice,

No, I'm afraid there's not a way to require students to only re-answer questions they got wrong.  Each quiz attempt is independent.  You can allow them to see the results of the previous attempt so that they know which questions they got right and which they got wrong, but they will still have to answer all the questions in the next attempt.

Mike

View solution in original post

Thank you Mike- I suspected that this may be the case- thank you for your help!

Community Team
Community Team

alice.bingham@weston.ac.uk Welcome to the Canvas Community! mzimmerman@unomaha.edu( Thank You Michael!) has given you great guidance. This proposed functionality is the subject of a popular feature idea to which you might want to add your support: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4709-carry-forward-correct-answers-on-quiz-multiple-attempts , and you might also be interested in this related idea https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3434-resume-quiz-from-previous-attempt-option 

Thank you Stefanie, and thank you for sending these through- I will add my support for these ideas, it's functionality we really need Smiley Happy 

Community Member

I created a solution in form of a Chrome extension that does exactly that. 
Canvas Quiz Loader - Chrome Web Store