cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksilfvin
Community Member

Retrieving a graded deleted Assignment

Jump to solution

I accidentally deleted an already graded assignment from Canvas. This also deleted the already recorded grades from the gradebook. How can I retrieve it? HELP!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ksilfvin
Community Member

?It was answered, but none of the answers solved the issue. I was able to get it resolved by going to tech support here and recovering info they had deleted. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
akkaufmann
Learner II

Hi  @ksilfvin ‌,

You may be able to recover the assignment using the /undelete tool in Canvas.

@hollands ‌ has created a blog post that goes over the tool: Undeleting things in Canvas 

Also, depending on how recent the assignment and grades are, they may still exist in the beta and test environments. This isn't as quick and clean as the /undelete tool, but you will at least be able to see what the grades were so you can re-enter then in the production environment. The beta refreshes every week and the test refreshes every three weeks. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1384-what-is-the-canvas-release-schedule-for-beta-productio... has the exact schedule, along with the URLs for the sites.

Alex

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @ksilfvin ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on January 22, 2018.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that you received from akkaufmann later that day?  I am hopeful that you've been able to recover that assignment (and the student grades) by using the /undelete trick that is outlined in  @hollands 's blog.  Or, have you been able to reach out to Canvas technical support (by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left side global navigation of your Canvas environment)?  If you could please come back to this thread to post an update for us, that would be helpful.  Also, if you feel that Alexander's reply has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark his response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from the Community, please post a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Kim.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

ksilfvin
Community Member

?It was answered, but none of the answers solved the issue. I was able to get it resolved by going to tech support here and recovering info they had deleted. Thanks!

View solution in original post

@ksilfvin ...

Thank you for coming back here to this topic to provide an update.  I am glad that Canvas Support was able to help you with this issues.  I've gone ahead and marked your reply as "Correct".  Thanks again!