Rolodex of questions - Multiple questions for a Single question

Jump to solution
keith_hoag
Community Member

Not sure how to search for or if Canvas is even capable of performing this function…

I’m looking for a way to have multiple (randomly selected) questions for a single question (i.e. like a rolodex of question choices for a given question).

There might only be 10 questions on the test/quiz BUT there could be 50+ possible questions the student might encounter.

Example:

Question 1 has the possibility of spawning different questions each time a student runs the test where they may get the same question, or they may get a similar but different question.

• Student 1 takes the test/quiz and gets question 1a for question 1
  • Student 2 takes the test/quiz and gets question 1d for question 1
  • Student 3 takes the test/quiz and gets question 1c for question 1
  • Student 4 takes the test/quiz and gets question 1a for question 1
  • You get the idea…

The idea is that the student could retake the test/quiz but may not get the same questions for a given question, but that question would still be testing the same exact concept.

Also, it would make unwise to copy your elbow partner's answer 😉

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @keith_hoag 

What is this "Rolodex" thingy you referenced! Is that anything like a Dodo or a stegasarus?

Sorry, you left that door wide open!

However, yes, you can have a Canvas quiz draw random questions from a question bank. These guides will help depending on the version of the quiz tool you are using.

I hope this is helpful, and I understand MGM is planning a new blockbuster Summer release, Barbarella and the RoloDex!

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes