Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbucu
Surveyor

Rubric Scoring Disappeared?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am instructor.  I recently went back to review a scholar's work.  When I did, all of the previous selections I had made for the scholar's rubric on a previous submission were completely gone.  (Like I had never graded the assignment before.)  This looks to have happened for every scholar that was assigned that particular version of the assignment.  Can anyone provide any insight?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings! This sounds like a super strange issue. I've seen rubric results get lost maybe 1-2 in the last 9 years of using Canvas and helping faculty, so it's not something that happens very often. You mentioned something about different versions of the assignments, so I'm not sure if that might have caused an issue or not. My recommendation is to contact Canvas Support to see if they can help. To do this, click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. 

Let us know what you find out!

Kona

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings! This sounds like a super strange issue. I've seen rubric results get lost maybe 1-2 in the last 9 years of using Canvas and helping faculty, so it's not something that happens very often. You mentioned something about different versions of the assignments, so I'm not sure if that might have caused an issue or not. My recommendation is to contact Canvas Support to see if they can help. To do this, click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. 

Let us know what you find out!

Kona

View solution in original post

Hello, the multiple versions of the assessment from Canvas' point of view was just an entirely different quiz with modified settings (longer time, etc.)  It seems that only one of my assessments were affected and did not have any of my previous rubric scorings recorded, while the others still had there's.  I submitted a Help ticket and hope to hear back soon.

Tags (3)
kbucu
Surveyor

I went to go back and begin the task of re-scoring all of the original versions that I had that had lost their original rubric scoring.  When I completed the first one, I saw this happen where it showed that I had graded it before and saved my new scoring as an entirely different rubric.  You will see two different scorings.  The one that is not completed was the one I tried this morning.  (Which only had the scholar's 1st attempt) while the complete one was the one that I originally believed was lost (after their 2nd attempt.)

Viewing after I rescored the 1st attempt this morning.  Shows two rubrics scored by me.Viewing after I rescored the 1st attempt this morning. Shows two rubrics scored by me.Original rubric scoring that I thought was lost.Original rubric scoring that I thought was lost.Rubric that I begun scoring this morning.Rubric that I begun scoring this morning.

If anyone can help me change the settings where it is one rubric for the entire assessment and not generate an entirely new rubric during a rescore, that would be very appreciated.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

This issue is even stranger... with the two rubrics, both for you, that in theory shouldn't happen. I would strongly recommend submitting all this information to Canvas Support they are going to be your best bet in getting this fixed.