Rubric Settings

Jump to solution
roxanne_bruce-b
Community Member

I created a new rubric to use with an assignment.  However, the settings (check boxes underneath) are not available for me to choose.  I want to make sure I can add comments for each section of the rubric as well as overall comments, but the option is not there for me to choose.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.Rubric Comments Setting Missing.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
jared
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi Roxanne, first, you won't need to change any options on the rubric or assignment in order to be able to add comments to individual criteria when assessing students' work in SpeedGrader (see last image below).

That said, the additional options you are looking for are only available when a rubric has been added to an assignment. For example, here's what I get when editing from the Rubrics area:

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.32.44 AM.png

...versus what I get when I edit the rubric after it's attached to an assignment: 

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.33.16 AM.png

One thing to note: You will always have the option to add comments on individual criteria in SpeedGrader, regardless of whether or not you choose the option to "write free-form comments when assessing". In fact, choosing that option removes the criterion ratings, which I think you want to use.

Here I have not clicked that option but still have the ability to leave comments per criterion in SpeedGrader:

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.38.06 AM.png

View solution in original post