cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcockroft
Surveyor II

Rubric not showing as saved?

Jump to solution

A faculty member at my institution called to say that when she evaluates a student using the Canvas rubric and hits "save," there's no indication that the rubric has been completed. She has to refresh the page to see the completed (or saved) rubric. She said this is happening no matter what browser she uses.

I just tested this in Chrome and was able to reproduce the issue. I found the rubric sometimes showed as saved and sometimes did not. For reference, here is a screenshot of my test rubric setup:

295752_pastedImage_1.png

I evaluate a student as follows:

295753_pastedImage_2.png

After I press save, the rubric should show up like this (and does in this case):

295766_pastedImage_3.png

I go to the next student in Speedgrader and evaluate using the rubric. After I press save, this is all that shows up:

295767_pastedImage_4.png

The saved rubric does not display. I see the grade points, but I have to refresh the browser to see the saved rubric:

295768_pastedImage_5.png

As the faculty member pointed out, this is especially problematic when the rubric is not used for assignment grading, as nothing indicates the rubric has been saved (no points display in this case).

Is this an issue with the rubric upgrade? Neither of us have ever experienced this issue before.##

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mcockroft , thank you for posting this detailed work through of this issue. I just tested this myself in Chrome and had the same experience. I then tested in Firefox and the rubric didn't even show up for the first student. I'm guessing this is some type of bug/error and I recommend reporting this to Canvas Support immediately.

Kona

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mcockroft , thank you for posting this detailed work through of this issue. I just tested this myself in Chrome and had the same experience. I then tested in Firefox and the rubric didn't even show up for the first student. I'm guessing this is some type of bug/error and I recommend reporting this to Canvas Support immediately.

Kona

View solution in original post

Thank you, Kona for testing and confirming. I will do that.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

When you do, could you add your ticket number to this discussion? That way if anyone else wants to report it they can include your ticket number so the issues will be linked with Support.

mcockroft
Surveyor II

Here is the case number for this issue: 03718479