patricia_powers
Community Novice

The assignment is worth ten points but the rubric only has 4 criterion totaling 8 points. Can I get Canvas to automatically to change the ratings so that is comes up to ten? It looks like I only have two options; to change the assignment total, which I don't want to do, or leave them different but then I have to do the calculations.

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @patricia_powers ...

If you change the assignment total (but leave the rubric "as is"), then you will have a difference in two points.  However, if you are open to editing the rubric criterion so that either one of your rubric rows is an extra two points or two rubric rows are worth an extra 1 point, for example, then your rubric will match the total number of points for your assignment.  You'll want to make sure that the option for "Use this rubric for assignment grading" is also checked when you are attaching the rubric to the assignment.  More details here: How do I add a rubric to an assignment?.

Hopefully this helps to answer your question.  If you still need assistance, though, please let Community members know, and we'll do our best to help you out...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post