cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

SCORM Avoiding the Gradebook

tried finding an answer for uploading SCORM videos into Canvas without having them be an ungraded assignment, and someone on my team figured it out! Our SCORM videos were added to a course as ungraded assignments, but they were appearing in the gradebook and our students would ask questions about why they have so many assignments with a zero on them. 

1. First, click the “+” button on the module and then select “External Tool” from the dropdown menu (as shown below).318012_SCORM 1.png
  2. Next, paste in the URL of the video and add a Page Name. If you want, you can force the video to load in a new tab by checking the “Load in a new tab” box. Finally, click “Add Item.” (as shown below)
    318013_SCORM 2.png

This should get your SCORM content into the course without it appearing as an ungraded assignment. 

5 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Where are you getting the URL from? Are you uploading the SCORM file to Canvas, or housing it somewhere else?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey Sarah,

We are getting the URL from when we upload it in Canvas. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see any specific URL for the video. I'm only able to see a URL for the assignment. Is that what you are using?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would give that a try, I think that will work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

sarah-canatsey@utc.edu‌ may the URL is coming from the file uploaded to Canvas Files. When you click the load in new tab option and open this tab you can copy that URL perhaps.

SCORM and Canvas is lacking.

0 Kudos
Labels