cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdanner
Surveyor II

SCORM server down?

Jump to solution

Is there some issue with whatever server is being used to house the SCORM uploads? Just went to review a number of SCORM files that I uploaded earlier and keep getting Server Not Found message. The SCORM files were launching and playing fine two hours ago.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tdanner
Surveyor II

The servers appears to be back online.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
tdanner
Surveyor II

The servers appears to be back online.

View solution in original post

sep38
Community Member

I am having similar issues with the SCORM content on Canvas. When I click on my packages, I get the error "404 not found". I just checked, and it appears not to be up yet.

sep38
Community Member

Update: I got the package to work (partially). From reading some other forums on Stackoverflow.com, I learned that the 404 error is related to the permissions of the file you are trying to upload. What I ended up doing:

1. Right-clicked on the zip file and then clicked "Get Info" (I am using a MAC btw, so it will be different with windows)
  2. Changed the permissions for the "Fetched" and "everyone" profiles to "Read and Write" from "Read". 
  3. Uploaded the SCORM package to Canvas through the SCORM feature.

I am now able to progress through the package as normal, but I am not able to get the sound to work along with the video once I played it from Canvas. Any suggestions here would be appreciated!

shamika_dent_wi
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Canvas is not liking my Captivate SCORM files but will accept the Storyline SCORM files. Any suggestions?

Glad to hear I am not the only one, Shamika. I put in a ticket and Instructure escalated to a "level 2"  last week. Although, I haven't heard anything more about it since. I'll post something here if I learn more.

PS The fix I thought worked above (In my earlier post) did not work when I tried it a second time!

I have 3 tickets in with Canvas Support with L2 with no solution. I am literally on hold as I type this. I have found that if I drop to SCORM 2004 2nd edition, it will publish but will not include audio. I have SCORM packages that were created prior to 9/8 that will upload perfectly fine. 

What authoring tool are you using?

I am currently using Adobe Captivate 9 and tried publishing with both SCORM 2004 and 1.2. I also experienced no audio when I managed to upload a 2004 SCORM package. I tried all my packages on the SCORM cloud and they worked fine - so I know it is a problem with Canvas.

The only alternative I have found at this point is to upload as ZIP files to "Files" in Canvas. Although, these cannot connect to the gradebook, which is a major notch against doing it as a long term solution.

Agreed, it has to be an issue with the how Canvas is reading Adobe Captivate 9 files created on or after 9/6/2017. I have SCORM files created 8/28/17 that upload with audio fine. SCORM files on or after 9/6/2017 are errors. I passed this information allow to Canvas during my call. And it is only with Captivate, I uploaded Storyline SCORM without issue. 

Shamika, 

I found a work-around to the issue we were experiencing. See my post : https://community.canvaslms.com/message/84479-scorm-issues