cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c_t_coltman
Community Member

I have had experience of uploading SCORM content in another VLE with success, and I wondered if anyone could share their experience of using SCORM content in Canvas.  I have carried out some testing on some content for languages and it seems to work well, but it would be useful to know other users views.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@c_t_coltman ​,

Instructure just release support for SCORM in Canvas is the release Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-04-25)​.  Prior to that Canvas did not support SCORM uploads.  At this time, I am not sure if many users have had a chance to test SCORM with Canvas.

Robbie

View solution in original post

10 Replies
r_v_jones
Explorer III

@c_t_coltman ​ we've been running some tests on this and Darren has some results, drop him an email.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@c_t_coltman ​,

Instructure just release support for SCORM in Canvas is the release Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-04-25)​.  Prior to that Canvas did not support SCORM uploads.  At this time, I am not sure if many users have had a chance to test SCORM with Canvas.

Robbie

View solution in original post

Thank you - yes I realise SCORM is a recent addition as I had read the production notes and tested.  Just wondered if anyone else had been testing.

We just did a spot of testing.   The file uploaded cleanly, and the grades passed back to the gradebook for the Test student successfully.  So far so good.

Thank you Glen.  My testing worked well too.

floresr
Learner II

I have a free Canvas account and I do not see the ability to add aSCORM. I have done it successfully with MOOLDE and had the SCORM report the scores to the MOODLE Gradebook, but i can not figure how to do it in Canvas (free account). Is that something that is only available to paid accounts?

@floresr ​, I believe SCORM is only available for paid accounts, and the reason I say that is because of this excerpt from the aforementioned Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-04-25) :

"The SCORM LTI tool must be configured with the support of your Canvas Customer Success Manager (CSM) or an Implementation Consultant before it can be enabled for your institution. Please contact your CSM for assistance."

Since Free For Teachers accounts don't receive client support from CSMs or Implementation Consultants (see this document for a comparison of Canvas Account types), I infer that SCORM cannot be enabled in FFT courses.

Thank you Stefanie!

Ricardo

You're welcome. Smiley Happy