cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

SIS import process "clogged"

Over the weekend we had a couple strange things happen with our automated SIS integration.  For some reason, Canvas thought our SIS instructed it to delete all of our courses for the current term.  Since this happened, it also appears Canvas is no longer processing our automated SIS import batches.  When I go to our admin page, and click on SIS import, it shows a large number of pending batches to be processed.  I've confirmed this number increases each time our SIS does another automated synch, but Canvas seems to no longer be making any progress processing any of these batches.  

Has anybody ever seen this type of thing, or know if there is anything I can do to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

- Rich

4 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi Rich,

We do have something similar happen occasionally (not deleting all courses, though). You can append your instance URL with /doc/api/live#!/admins.json and then input an admin token and save. The scroll down to the SIS Import API call. One is titled "abort_all_pending." That should clear things up and get your uploads processing again.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have tried the abort_all_pending and I get the following error:

{"errors":[{"message":"The specified resource does not exist."}]}

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hello. Did you ever resolve this issue? If so, how?

I tried the abort_all_pending and got the following error:

{"errors":[{"message":"The specified resource does not exist."}]}

Thanks for your help.

-Kolis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

We got past this by reaching out to Canvas support, and they did something on their end.  I was planning on trying Dan's suggestion if it happened again, but have not had to do that yet.

- Rich

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels