SOLVED: New Quizzes Not Showing Up In Gradebook

Jump to solution
tmenghini
Community Member

Hi,

I made a "New Quizzes" with Canvas. I like all the new features but for some reason the grades are not in the gradebook. I cannot find them for the life of me. The only way that I can get the grades is to go into the new quiz and click "Moderate" to see the grades. You can see in the screen shots below that I simply do not have "Q03 - Part 1 (Canvas)". It is just missing.

Plus, in order to view the speedgrader I have to manually type the URL for the speedgrader in. Is there something I am doing wrong? This quiz is not a survey and is worth points in the settings.

Screenshot 2020-10-06 115836.pngScreenshot 2020-10-06 115858.png

EDIT: I have solved this problem. The issue was that there wasn't a due date on the assignment. I hope that this helps someone down the road if they have the same problem that I did.

Labels (1)
3 Solutions
BStutzman
Community Champion

This isn't solved.  It is a known glitch with Canvas and they say that they are working on it.

View solution in original post

Fix is:

Set the overall points for the quiz in the edit. Do not know why this is not automatically taken from the actual quiz initially but has to be done manually.

In the new quiz setting tab: change the "Score to keep" under the "Allow multiple attempts" setting to another value, and then change it back to what it was. It may take a few minutes after doing this before the grades are updated to display the correct values.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks to everyone for contributing their own solutions to this thread. The issue with grades for new quizzes not displaying in the Gradebook was posted a few months ago as a known issue (New Quizzes are not always passing back to the Gra... ) and this section, in particular, pertains to this discussion:

The factors that contribute to this problem are varied and one customer may experience one cause but not the others.

In other words, if you're experiencing this issue and run across this thread, please use the support pathway provided by your school to send a ticket to Canvas Support ( How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?  ) as each case needs to be investigated separately: the reasons affecting your gradebook might differ from someone else's.

0 Likes