cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bacherts
Community Member

Sad Panda and Quiz Statistics

Jump to solution

Has anyone else seen this when trying to pull up quiz statistics?

2016-02-11_1315 - bacherts's library

Thanks,

Sam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

stefaniesanders​ We did submit a ticket and it was tied to the number of questions; anything over 100 questions causes the message to pop up.

Thanks, Sam

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Steve_Watts
Explorer III

Hi Sam

I've certianly seen the caption "Even awesomeness has limits" before but I can't remember what went wrong to make it appear, I don't think it was related to statistics.

Which question types do you have in the quiz? Statistics are good for multiple choice and fill in the blank questions but I know some question types don't generate statistics very well.

Another thought - how many students have taken the quiz? If there are a lot of submissions, maybe it's taking the panda too long to compile the report.

If it consistently refuses to generate the statistics, log a support ticket and ask if an Instructure engineer can take a look at that quiz to check what's wrong with it.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@bacherts ​, so far, it doesn't appear that any other Community members have received exactly the same message in the process of accessing quiz statistics. I suspect that  @Steve_Watts  is on to something with his theory that a large number of submissions might cause such a result (if that's the case for you).  Did you submit a support ticket on this? If so, what did you learn?

stefaniesanders​ We did submit a ticket and it was tied to the number of questions; anything over 100 questions causes the message to pop up.

Thanks, Sam

View solution in original post

Thanks for letting us know,  @bacherts !

ejackson
Learner II

I had an instructor come in this morning with the "Sad Panda" message and the "awesomeness" caption. He was trying to access the statistics for a quiz in one of his courses. He tried accessing the statistics for a quiz in another one of his courses and they worked fine. Both quizzes are 100 point multiple choice question tests, so we weren't sure why statistics would work for one and not the other. I advised him to submit a Canvas Help request so Canvas Support could look at it.

@ejackson ​ - it turns out it is tied to the number of questions not the number of points.

Thanks, Sam